When it comes time to replace your roof in Charleston you might find yourself looking for a roof that will set your home apart from the crowd. If that’s the case, a tile roof might be just the ticket! If you’ve got your eye on a tile roof it’s important to note that this is a luxury roofing system that comes with a luxury price tag – but just how much can you expect to pay for a new tile roof in Charleston?
Average Cost to Install a New Tile Roof in Charleston
The average cost to install a new tile roof in Charleston is between $7,000 and $24,000 depending on a wide range of factors including the size of your roof and the specific tile you choose. Overall, you can expect to pay around $500 to $1500 per square for a new tile roof installation in Charleston.
Roof Size and Tile Roof Installation Cost
The most important factor in calculating the cost of your new tile roof installation will be the size of your roof. Your roofing professional from Roofing USA in Charleston will consider the exact size of the roof, pitch of the roof, and complexity of the roof to determine how many square your roof is and give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your new roof. While you’re just doing research, though, you can use the footprint of your home and divide the square footage by 100 to get a rough estimate of the squares in your roof.
- 10 square roof: $5,000 to $15,000
- 15 square roof: $7,500 to $22,500
- 20 square roof: $10,000 to $30,000
- 25 square roof: $12,500 to $37,500
- 30 square roof: $15,000 to $45,000
- 35 square roof: $17,500 to $52,500
Tile Type Will Affect New Roof Cost
There are a huge variety of roof tiles available on the market and the specific tile you choose for your new roof will have a direct impact on the cost of the roof.
Concrete Tile Roofs
Concrete tiles are extremely durable and long-lasting. These tiles provide Charleston residents with a low-maintenance and energy-efficient tile roofing option. Concrete is the least expensive tile roofing system and you can generally expect to pay between $500 to $1,000 per square to have a concrete tile roof installed in Charleston.
Clay Tile Roofs
Clay tile roofs are the most popular tile roofing system for Charleston residents. These roofs are also exceptionally durable, long-lasting, and low-maintenance. Clay tiles offer exceptionally better curb appeal than concrete tiles which is part of the reason they remain popular despite their higher price tag. A clay tile roof will usually set you back about $1,000 to $1,500 per square in Charleston.
Specialty Roof Tiles
- There are a huge variety of specialty roof tiles available on the market, today. Most of these systems are more expensive than the more common concrete and clay roofs. If you’re interested in a specialty roof tile, contact Roofing USA, today, to talk about your options!
Benefits of Tile Roofs in Charleston
Tile roofs offer a huge variety of benefits in Charleston that many homeowners believe are absolutely worth the higher price tag of these roofs.
- Exceptional durability that can withstand the harshest weather
- Long lives that typically last anywhere from 50 to 100 years
- Enhanced curb appeal and unique aesthetic
- Insulating weight that increases energy efficiency by keeping homes cool in the summer and warm in the winter
Do you think that a tile roof is the perfect solution for your Charleston home? Contact Roofing USA, today, to talk about the many tile roof choices we offer and see what we can do for you!